1. Consider what it means operating your own business from home, it must be treated as
any conventional business. Its not a walk in the garden!
2. Good preparation makes building your new home based venture much easier. Write
down your short and long term goals so that you know where you are going,how and
when you will get there.
3. Don’t expect to become rich in a month’s time. Anything worthwhile takes time to
achieve, success is not an event its a process.
4. Realise and appreciate that initially you will have to invest a lot of time and that any new
business needs capital and resources before it starts showing some returns.
5. Getting yourself organised is paramount to the success of your venture.The importance
of maintaining sound records cannot be overemphasized.
6.Network with other successful home business entrepreneurs to seek advise and remain
7.Choose your business opportunity wisely. Beware of telemarkerters.
8. Where ever you decide to work from in your home, ensure you can work undisturbed
each day for a set time.