In a new study issued by Grayscale Investments in collaboration with Q8 Research, 1,100 US investors reveal that 36% would consider an investment in Bitcoin, representing a potential market of more than 21 million investors, assuming the US investing public is 63 million.
According to Grayscale, the survey represents some of the first publicly shared data on retail investors and their perceptions of Bitcoin.
- 79% are swayed by Bitcoin’s growth potential
- 75% like Bitcoin’s scarcity and the prospect of investors competing for a limited pool of the finite asset.
- 42% of Bitcoin-interested investors are Republican
- 37% of Bitcoin-interested investors are Democrat
- 57% of Bitcoin-interested investors are male
- 43% of Bitcoin-interested investors are female
- 75% of all investors say that digital crime is their number one fear about Bitcoin
- 68% of investors interested in Bitcoin say that digital crime is their number one fear about Bitcoin